Program Description: This program is designed to enhance the learner’s understanding of 12 Lead EKG’s and correlate this knowledge with clinical application. The class will combine lecture, class discussion, case studies and practice EKG’s to cover the content below:
- Describe cardiac electrical conduction as well as correlate the conduction with PR Interval and QRS measurements.
- Correlate anterior, lateral, inferior and posterior MI’s with related coronary artery and name one EKG change associated.
- Compare and contrast ischemic changes versus injury/infarction changes on EKG.
- Describe Wellen’s Syndrome and the clinical significance of this finding.
- Differentiate EKG changes indicative of an old MI from that of a recent MI.
- Explain troponin.
- Name 2 criteria in the identification of a Right Ventricular MI.
- Describe the 18-Lead EKG as well as describe rationale for use.
- Identify right and left Bundle Branch Block patterns.
Date/Time: Friday, October 25, 2019 - 9:00am-4:30pm
Location: Providence Health Downtown, 2435 Forest Dr., Columbia, SC 29204
Speaker: Judy Nichols, MSN, ACNP-BC, CCRN-CMC, CHFN