Program Description: This program will review the various classifications of Cardiac Pharmacology and how to apply to clinical application. The following objectives will be covered:
- Name 3 classifications of cardiac medications and describe at least one clinical property associated with each.
- Discuss precautions for use of dofetilide.
- List 3 medications with potential for QT prolongation.
- Describe 2 antiarrhythmic agents and selection criteria for each.
- Discuss the cardiac properties of chronotropy, inotropy, dromotropy, and bathmotropy.
- Describe the action of vasodilators.
- Define preload, afterload and contractility.
- Name 1 drug each that reduces preload, afterload and contractility and describe how each works.
- Discuss the impact of sedative agents on arrhythmia management.
Location: Newberry County Memorial Hospital, 2669 Kinard St., Newberry, SC 29108
Speaker: Judy Nichols, MSN, ACNP-BC, CCRN-CMC