The ABC's of Pediatric Care
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Location: Providence Health Northeast, 120 Gateway Corporate Blvd., Columbia, SC 29203
Speaker: Rebecca Kemfort, MSN, RN
This program will cover the following objectives:
- Summarize the growth and development stages of the infant, toddler, preschool, school-age and adolescent child.
- Demonstrate essential components of pediatric assessment.
- Recognize normal and abnormal assessment findings and compare and contrast an adult and pediatric assessment.
- Relate holistic concepts of pediatric nursing care to current nursing practice.
- Identify effective pain assessment and management techniques for the pediatric patient.
- Simulate positive interactions that promote family-centered care.
- Discuss and prioritize emergency care of the pediatric patient.