Certified Nurse Aide Training Program
May 20, 2019 - June 28, 2019 - 6 week State Approved Program
The course is designed to provide the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform basic care services for a patient (acute care setting) or resident (long-term care setting). It prepares the student to function in the role of nursing assistant under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN). This course is designed to meet the curriculum requirements of the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS). The basic nursing assistant proficiency examination is the State-approved competency evaluation, with both written and manual skills components. The course requires the student to complete 40 hours of classroom lecture, 20 hours of skills lab, and perform 40 hours in a clinical setting.
Satisfactory completion of the course provides eligibility to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program Examination for South Carolina certification as a certified nursing assistant. *See South Carolina Nurse Aide Candidate Handbook for more information.
- Click here for Nurse Aide Training Program Course Catalog (PDF)
- Click here to download ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT (PDF)
The training program shall require for admission into its program the following:
- Successful completion of public, private, or home schooling at the high school level or obtainment of a recognized high school equivalency credential
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be able to read, write, and speak English;
- Be in good health and able to bend, twist, lift at least 50 pounds, and be free from communicable disease; and
- Not be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry in revoked status
Tuition & Fees
Nurse Aide Training Tuition: $900.00
Payment Methods: Check, Cashier’s Check, PayPal
Course textbook is included. Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care – The Basics, 4th Edition. Author: Fuzy, Jetta, ISBN: 9781604250503
Basic Life Support Certification Class will be offered at Mid-Carolina AHEC that is included with your tuition. Please note if you cannot attend this class, you will be responsible for your BLS certification prior to starting clinicals, at your own cost.
Supplies not included in tuition:
- South Carolina Certification Exam Fee
- Green scrub top, green scrub pants, and plain white shoes
- Black non-erasable pen
- Small notebook
- Watch with second hand or digital display
- Cost of mandatory clinical requirements (see pg 6 of handbook)
September 22, 2019 - November 1, 2019
How to enroll in the Nurse Aide Training Program?
Once you are ready to enroll in the program, click here to download the Enrollment Packet. You will need to submit the completed Enrollment Agreement (click for PDF) either by mail or fax.
Program Tuition must be paid in full prior to starting class. Payments can be mailed to:
Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc.
Certified Nurse Aid Training Program
PO Box 2049
Lancaster, SC 29721
You may also submit payments electronically using PayPal. Please note there will be an additional $15.00 PayPal processing fee to register online.
Please contact Rebecca Jackson at 803-286-4121 or email@example.com if you have any questions.