Pharmacy Technician Update 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018 9:00am-1:00pm
SC Pharmacy Association, 1350 Browning Road, Columbia, SC 29210
Kristy Brittain, PharmD., BCPS, CDE
SC Pharmacy Association
1350 Browning Road
Columbia, SC 29210
The South Carolina College of Pharmacy (SCCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is a knowledge based activity.
This program is accredited for a total of 4 contact hours.
Participants must sign-in at the registration table at the beginning of the day and attend each program to obtain maximum credit. Instructions on how to claim credit will be provided at the conclusion of the program.
Participants must update their on-line profile with their NABP e-profile ID and Birth Month and Date so that your record of attendance can be sent to the CPE Monitor System. Participants MUST complete their evaluations within 30 days of the program.
2018 Pharmacy Update Objectives:
Pharmacy Law – REMS Programs (ACPE UAN #0062-9999-18-020-L03-T 1 hour)
- Define and describe the purpose of Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Strategies (REMS) programs
- List components of REMS programs
- Identify medications that require REMS programs
- Given a medication, describe the required actions per the REMS program
Medication Safety – Safety Considerations in Self-care (ACPE UAN #0062-9999-18-021-L05-T 1 hour)
- Describe common OTC medication practices and potential issues that may arise with their use
- Identify classes of OTC medications that are high risk for certain patient populations
- Discuss precautions that can be used to prevent safety issues with OTCs
- List components of drug fact labeling and identify how this information can be used to improve the safety of OTC medications
Immunization Update: (ACPE UAN #0062-9999-18-022-L06-T 1 hour)
- Discuss the collective role of health care professionals in immunization practices
- Summarize recent changes to the ACIP and CDC immunization recommendations for both adults and children
- Obtain pertinent patient-specific information to identify vaccine needs or contraindications
Tobacco Cessation (ACPE UAN #0062-9999-18-023-L01-T 1 hour)
- Describe the importance of tobacco cessation
- Define and describe tobacco cessation programs
- Identify barriers to quitting and triggers for relapse
- Compare and contrast available OTC treatment options for tobacco cessation
- Discuss safety issues with OTC treatment products
There is a $15.00 ACPE Credit Fee for each class participant.
$40.00 Registration fee is waived for hospital consortium member when registered through Staff Development Director.
$15.00 - ACPE Credit Fee
$None - Registration Fee
$15.00 - Total Cost for hospital consortium member
$15.00 - ACPE Credit Fee
$40.00 - Registration Fee
$55.00 - Total cost for non-members
Fee waived for Hospital Consortium member when registered through Staff Development Director.
You may now register online using PayPal at www.midcarolinaahec.org or make check payable to:
Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc.
P.O. Box 2049
Lancaster, SC 29721
Phone: 803-286-4121-Fax: 803-286-4165
April 14, 2018 or until classroom capacity is reached.
Kristy Brittain, PharmD.,BCPS, CDE
Registrations are accepted until class is filled. Registration assures placement, materials and notification if class is canceled. Registration is not complete until money is received along with the registration form. Written cancellation received two (2) weeks prior to the program date will result in a 50% refund. Cancellations received later than two weeks prior to the program, or failure to attend the program, are not refundable.