The Pressure Is On: Pressure Injury Prevention, Treatment and Documentation
Friday, February 8, 2019 – 9:00am-12:15pm
Newberry County Memorial Hospital, 2669 Kinard St., Newberry, SC 29108
A. Renee` Epting, MN, RN, CWOCN
TARGET AUDIENCE: Nurses
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Pressure injuries are among some of the most costly and prevalent conditions plaguing health care facilities today. Despite heavy penalties issued by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, pressure injuries continue to be too prevalent in many facilities. This program will cover the following learning objectives:
- Define pressure injury and identify etiologic factors contributing to pressure injury development.
- Identify best practice documentation standards for skin and/or bony prominence assessments and pressure ulcer risk assessment.
- Describe a structured risk and skin assessment, including frequency.
- Describe appropriate interventions, including positions, nutritional needs and referrals.
- Demonstrate minimum documentation standards for skin and wound issues.
- Describe the staging system from Pressure Injury documentation
- Verbalize the key components of discharge teaching for any patient with an incision or chronic wound.
AHEC: This program is approved for 0.3 CEU’s (3.0 clock hours) of continuing education by Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. and meets the SC AHEC Best Practice Standards.
NURSING: Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This program, approval 1811-032PR-010 is approved for 3.0 hours.
Participants must attend 90% of the program in order to receive a certificate of attendance. No partial credit will be given.
REGISTRATION FEE: $60.00
Fee waived for Hospital Consortium member when registered through Staff Development Director.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2019 or until classroom capacity is reached.
INSTRUCTOR: Renee` Epting, MN, RN, CWOCN
Registrations are accepted until class is filled. Registration assures placement, materials and notification if class is canceled. Registration is not complete until money is received along with the registration form. Written cancellation received two (2) weeks prior to the program date will result in a 50% refund. Cancellations received later than two weeks prior to the program, or failure to attend the program, are not refundable.