Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving 11 counties in central South Carolina: Aiken, Cherokee, Chester, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lexington, Newberry, Richland, Union and York. As a member of South Carolina AHEC, Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. provides three core services:
- Continuing Education
- Health Professions Student
- Health Careers Exploration
Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. works in partnership with academic institutions, local preceptors and healthcare providers to facilitate the education, recruitment and retention of physicians and providers working toward improving health care within the region today and into the future.
To be a model integrated and collaborative educational system that builds the capacity for optimal health in South Carolina.
Our Mission Statement
To improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare for the communities of South Carolina through a system of community-academic partnerships whose central purpose is the recruitment, education and retention of primary healthcare providers.
- Improved quality of health care in South Carolina with an emphasis on primary care.
- Elimination of medically underserved areas in South Carolina.
- Achievement of population parity in South Carolina's health professions workforce.