American Heart Association Community Training Center (CTC)
Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. is a Training Center through the American Heart Association and works closely with the South Carolina Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee (SC ECC).
Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. Training Center has over 500 trained CPR instructors throughout our eleven-county service area.
Our Training Center sponsors training for health care professionals and community members in:
- First Aid
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Basic Life Support - Instructor (BLS-I)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Instructor (ACLS-I)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support - Instructor (PALS-I)
- Heartsaver CPR
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
The functions of our Training Center include but are not limited to:
- Liaison to the American Heart Association
- Equipment Distribution
- Instructor Database Management
- Course Record Database Management
- Quality Assurance of AHA Educational Course
- Regional Resource for AHA Instructors
- Instructor Updates
- Issues Instructor Cards
- Issues Course Completion Cards
- CTC Instructor Orientation for New and Renewing Instructors
- Course Calendar Updates
The following Training Sites are affiliated with our Training Center:
To assist health care professionals in our area maintain the required CPR certification for their discipline, listed below are Training Sites websites with links to help you find a class just for you.
- Arista Hospice
- Baptist Easley
- Chester Regional Medical Center (CRMC)
- Chester County EMS
- Clover Rescue Squad
- Eau Claire Comprehensive Health Center, Inc.
- Lancaster County EMS
- Learn CPR, Rock Hill, SC (803)704-965-4027
- Newberry County Memorial Hospital (NCMH)
- Regional Ambulance Service
- Remington College
- River Hills Emergency Squad
- Spartanburg Community College
- Springs Memorial Hospital (SMH)
- The Breath of Life Training Solutions
- The Outback Safety Training Site – Theresa Hancock (803)318-1094
- Mary Black Health System - Gaffney
- York Technical College (YTC) - (803)327-8008
Through partnerships with the Training Sites and over 500 instructors in the eleven-county region, Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc.’s CTC certifies and/or re-certifies over 12,000 individuals yearly.
Should you wish to schedule a class for your business or facility please contact Mid-Carolina AHEC, Inc. Training Center at (803)286-4121.
Training Center Staff:
Pam Harper, Community Training Center Assistant. Please email all questions to email@example.com or you can call (803)286.4121.